National Cybersecurity Awareness Month may be coming to a close, but security is a year-long journey. With that in mind, I jumped in on the conversation to help businesses understand how to create internal cybersecurity champions.
Related Video: How to Build Strong Relationships with Cybersecurity Teams
This year's theme, "See Yourself in Cyber," hits on an important fact: security is not just about technology; it's about people. Every team member, regardless of title or department, can play a key part in keeping a company safe.
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, I can relate. I work closely with software engineers to identify flaws in product designs before they are coded, and I help mitigate potential threats for BigCommerce.
Related Guide: Meeting Today's PCI Compliance Requirements
Join Airon White, BigCommerce Manager of Product Marketing, and I on The Make It Big podcast where we chat about topics like how to overcome the three greatest threats in ecommerce today, how to find security champions, ways to keep these champions motivated, and much more.
I hope you enjoy my first-ever podcast. If you'd like to contact me, feel free to reach out to me on LinkedIn.
Cybersecurity Champion Resources
- Secure Code Warrior
- PortSwigger WebSecurity Academy
- Cultivating a Security Culture: 5 Steps to Engage Your Team in Information Security
More BigCommerce Cybersecurity Articles
- Ecommerce Security: Securing Against Cyber Threats 2022
- How Can Retailers Survive a Cyberattack? Build Forgivability.
- Ecommerce Data Breaches: Costs of Security Mismanagement
- Meeting Today's PCI Compliance Requirements
Meet BigCommerce's Software Engineers